Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Winter Designs

I have been given an order for "a bunch" of hair clips, including Christmas and winter styles. I have decided on my plans, but the design process can be time consuming! Never mind the fact that then I have something really particular in mind for materials and the local shops don't carry it! I have been looking for red and white twisted cord to use for the "wrapped candy" but all I can find is red and gold. It looks like the peppermint candies this year will be red and gold. Next year I will have to plan ahead further to order my cording online.
I am currently designing / making:
snowman
Santa
snowflake (with bling!)
wrapped candy
poinsettias

And speaking of next year... I suppose I should start thinking of Spring designs now, so I can order and design before it's time to stock the shops! Wow. Any ideas?

2 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

you know you should post your site. Also you can have a contest. And who can come up with the best they get like a few free hair bows. Ya know just tellin ya.

Unknown said...

That is the eventual plan. I'm working on getting "in the groove" first. Too much to do all at once!!!